I don't want to prove you wrong...

I went out for coffee with a good friend on Sunday and we talked about many things, we shared some good laughs and touched many interesting topics. One in particular really has stuck with me for the past three days. Freedom... it is such a wide concept.
I am beginning to understand what that looks like. Understanding and accepting myself just the way I am and not letting other people's perception of me determine my value as a person.
I sometimes spend my precious time thinking about what this person or that person think of me and why, as if that makes a difference, people believe what they want to believe, they judge others based on their own flaws, because let's face it, it is easier to see flaws in others that it is to look deeply at ourselves and point out the things we don't like or we know are wrong.
I am accepting the fact that I don't have the energy or the power to prove everybody wrong, I just don't. So I decided to stop trying. I will spend my time and energy cultivating meaningful relationships with family and friends. The rest will fall into place all by itself.

That is what freedom looks like to me these days.

Comments

Popular Posts