Forever incomplete.

One day I'll find relief, I’ll be whole. I'll be arrived.

I'll be a friend to my friends who know how to be friends

One day I'll be at peace, I'll be enlightened

And I'll have more children and maybe even a dog

One day I will be healed.

I have been running so fast my whole life trying to find and cross the finish line, and I have been missing the joy of being incomplete, of being a work in progress, always under construction and renovations.

One day my mind will retreat and I'll know God

And I'll be constantly in His presence at night

One day I'll be secure.

One day I’ll understand that this journey is not always meant to be shared, that it’s ok to walk alone, that the only way to take care of others is to take care of myself first.

One day I will speak freely, not just sometimes but all the time. I'll be less afraid, less concerned, less critical of others and myself.

One day I will let go of my fears and sleep alone somewhere, maybe even in my own house.

One day I will be faith filled

I'll be trusting and authentic and grounded and home

Ever unfolding

Ever expanding

Ever growing

Ever adventurous

And torturous

But never done

Transitions, changes, misperceptions and misconceptions, a mountain of accusations, people coming and going. This world does not stop and neither do we. I will never be a finished project. But one thing is clear. I will no longer miss the bliss of being forever incomplete.

Comments

  1. That is a day that many, many people want to grow into in their own lives. No, let me restate that: that is a day we ALL want to grow into for ourselves. Fearless, doubtless, loving, strong days. Even though we will never be finished, we are all on the way to wholeness and completeness.

    You are well on your way.
    We are all on the way.
    Traveling mercies to all of us.
    Especially to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts