I have a choice to make


I can be mean or nice.
I can complain and feel sorry for myself or be grateful for the life I have.
I can ignore those around me and be self satisfied or I can love and let others love me.
I can give you the finger or send you a smile.
I can see things as a tragedy or as an opportunity.
I can let others control my present and dictate what my future should look like or I can do my best to believe and trust that God is indeed in control.
I can be scared and hide or I can face it all and be brave.
I can choose or let others choose for me.
I can embrace these changes or let them ruin me.
I can quit everything or keep working hard at it.
I can pretend or I can tell the ones I love how I really feel
I can hold a grudge for the rest of my life or I can ask for forgiveness and be quick to forgive.

What's it gonna be?

It is so easy to forget that we get to choose, that we get to decide how to react, how to respond.
In this August night,
alone in my bedroom, alone with my thoughts. I choose to stop living in my head
I choose to love, to live, to learn, to smile, to let go, to grow.
I choose love.







Comments

  1. Excellent choice, my friend. I look forward to seeing how much you grow and blossom as you make these choices for life and health and peace.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts