Have you seen my problem?

Has anybody seen my problem? It's a massive problem, ugly looking, a little old, painful, scary even. If you see it, you'll know what I'm talking about. I had it, I know I did. I mean, it has been with me for at least 20 years if not more, I know exactly what it looks like. It seems I have misplaced it. I know what you're thinking: How can you lose something so big? But the truth is that it is no longer where it used to be, you know, my head, my heart, my feelings.

I've been looking for it everywhere but no luck so far. I checked the lost and found of my heart and it is empty, the hard drive of my memory has been erased.

Did my emotional system crash? Is it hiding somewhere? Is this old wound finally healing? Or did my problem decide that it was time to let go, to move on, and to be set free?

I can't figure out how my problem just disappeared, no notice, no explanation, no tears, not even a good bye, that is certainly a little discourteous, but I'm not surprised. After all, my problem is famous for being impolite, rude, obnoxious and hurtful for no apparent reason. I'm not saying I miss it, don't get me wrong, but now I have to decide what to do with this vacant space, I will have to clean it up, change the lock in case it changes its mind and wants to come back, put a couple of smiles on the walls, a fresh coat of love, and then I'll run an ad in the paper looking for a new resident, but this time: NO PROBLEMS ALLOWED.

I better get to work, there is still a lot to do around here, my problem was a really bad tenant, it did some significant damage to the structure and intentionally tried to trash the place, but fortunately the foundation is still intact. I will have it looking sharp in no time.

The good news is that it is finally gone, I look at the horizon and it's clear, sunny, beautiful. I am free. I own this place.

Anyway, if you see my problem somewhere, try not to make eye contact, but please let “him” know: I moved on too.

Comments

Popular Posts