Everybody hurts...sometimes

I talk to people everyday. My family, my friends, on the street, at the dealership while I wait for my car, at the gym, in my real estate class. And they all have one thing in common: problems, all kinds of problems. Here and there and everywhere one thing is for sure: Everybody hurts...sometimes (me included)

and I wonder...

What's with the world? How did this happen? How did we get ourselves in all these situations?

I wish there was something I could do for them, to ease their pain, to ease my own. To give them a solution, an answer, and find one for my own problems while I'm at it.
We are all on the same boat, searching and navigating through troubled waters and violent storms. Waiting for the sun to come out, to bring peace and calm to our crazy, complicated and confusing lives.

and I wonder...

Doesn't God control the weather? Could He send the sun into our lives right now if He wanted to?
Doesn't He have the power to change everything? to solve any problem?
To take the pain away?
To overwhelm us with love?
Why doesn't He give us just what we want?

I'll never know.

But I am certain that He has a plan, His word says so.
He knows my needs and my desires and wants what's best for me.

He is my FATHER.

My job is to believe, to trust, to live by faith and not by sight.
To remember what He has done for me and for others. After all, His record is impeccable.

So here I stand believing, trusting, waiting. His time is perfect, His will is perfect.

He is PERFECT.

Do I really need to know anything else?

I think not.

Comments

  1. For once, I can say to you that "I get that on paper." But there are many times when, in real life, my faith wavers. My doubts surge. And I wonder... I wonder...

    Thanks for the reminder that I can trust in Him even when I can't hear His voice or feel His presence according to my expectations and standards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My day is usually spent wondering, doubting and of course repeating myself that my job is to trust and believe. But I think fear and disbelief are a reflection of our own humanity and we should accept it, for the most part.
    I also believe that this is why we need to have friends who also believe, so that they can remind us that we can and should trust Him no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts