Are you there?

I haven't seen you in years and yet I think about you everyday.
I don't remember much of you and maybe it is best.
Your presence is like a ghost who refuses to let go, to move on, to stop scaring me at night.
As I dust off my memories of you I realize there aren't that many, I open the windows of my soul to let the light in and to finally set you free.
I am forever changed by someone I barely knew.
Every time I'm feeling down, I wonder what would it be like with you around.
I wonder if you think about me as much as I think about you, I wonder if those thoughts haunt you they way they haunt me.
I wonder if these thoughts are the only thing left between you and I, and if I let them go, will I forget you?
I wonder if you are well?
I wonder if you have grey hair on your head?. I do.
I wonder if you have the answers to all my questions or if you only have questions of your own.
I wonder if you can sleep at night, I wonder if you rest.
I wonder if you talk to God about me, if you pray.
I wonder if you finally learned to say "I'm sorry". I have.

I wonder if you're there...Are you there?








Comments

Popular Posts