I want to be surprised.



Have you ever heard the phrase, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him about your plans".
Well, I have to confess that I am a big planner, both my husband and I make lists almost daily of things we need and want to accomplish, it's our little way to organize an otherwise chaotic life. So much is unexpected that I personally feel as if I have to have some sense of control over something at some point.

But in itself this is an exhausting task. It's like living on a deadline "I have to do this on Monday" I have to finish this book by Friday" I haven't gotten an allergy shot in a week, I have to do it tomorrow", "I have one week to find a new gym".

Even tonight, I sat in front of my computer thinking "I have to write something on the blog".

Why? Who cares? What is that about? Why are we so hard on ourselves?

I don't have an answer to any of those questions and I refuse to spend time trying to figure out why, because in reality I have control over very little, nothing to be honest. God is in control of everything and yet, I continue to try to get my way, failing miserably every single time.

It's ok to be organized, to write things down, to make lists, or whatever works for you, but it's also good to sit and receive what life throws at you with a smile. To expect the unexpected, to call someone you haven't talked to in a while for no other reason than to say hi, to smile at people on the street, to enjoy every little thing you do, to have a candy bar for lunch, to take a walk just to see what's on the other side of the road, to laugh, maybe even cry and perhaps later tell someone or even write about it.


So this week I only have one thing on my list:

- I will let life surprise me.


What are you gonna do?











Comments

Popular Posts